Benjamin Britten’s Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra – Variations and Fugue on a theme by Purcell, op 34, performed by Farida Bacharova, Aylin Sonderer, Andrew Munro and Ané du Toit (violin 1), Suzanne Martens, Petrus Coetzee and Mia Björkman, Odile Lesch (violin 2), Gareth Lubbe, Guy Speyers and Colin le Roux (viola), Joachim Mueller-Crepon and J-P Malan (cello), Leon Bosch (double bass), Corvin Matei and Sally Minter (flute) Marga Smith (piccolo), Shea Scruggs and Melissa le Roux (oboe), Carina Washington and Meyer Scholtz (clarinet), Christopher Jackson and Lecolion Washington (bassoon), Abel Pereira, Emil Bruwer, Jaco van Staden and Pamela Kierman (horn), Benny Wiame and Brandon Ruiters (trumpet), Ryan Kierman, Ryan van der Rheede and Leeroy Simpson (trombone), Shaun Moir (tuba) and Marta Klimasara (percussion).
Consult our What’s On Calendar for full programme details for the 2010 Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival.
- Date:7 July 2010
- Venue:Endler Hall
- Address:c/o Victoria & Neethling Streets
- Ticket Price:R80 / R60 (students & pensioners)
- Bookings:http://www.computicket.com +27(0)83 915 8000
- Organiser/Presenter:University of Stellenbosch Music Department
- Phone Number:+27 (0)21 808 2343
- Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- In 1947, Benjamin Britten composed his celebrated Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra – in which he ‘took the whole orchestra to pieces and then put it back together again’ in order to give the listener a better understanding of how it works.