Administration posts with Vuyani
Vuyani Dance Theatre (VDT) is looking for a general manager, an administrator/finance and an administration assistant to join its administration in 2010.
Over the years since its inception, in 1999, VDT has worked its way into becoming one of the most thriving dance companies in the country with most of its works having appeared internationally. The company is, therefore, in need of individuals who are prepared to contribute to the enhancement of its image going forward.
1. The General Manager
Filling this role must be a hard working person with an extensive understanding of the performing arts industry and has been in the senior management role for, at least, five years. This official will be required to give general leadership within the company by:
– Ensuring that the overall internal operational structures and company policy are appropriately coordinated, communicated to and understood by all in charge of in-house divisions – Drawing contracts for company personnel
– Promoting the smooth flow of information between the Production Team and Admin in order to curb budgetary overflows – Being responsible for the overall company budget
– Being responsible for fundraising and liaising with program supporters – Engaging with potential host companies/venues internationally – Reporting to the Board on company progress
– Keeping and coordinating the company’s international schedule – Being computer literate
– Custodianship of crucial company records
The person filling this position must also be willing to work long and odd hours pertinent to the service of the arts environment. The prospect with a proven experience in arts administration must: – Be computer literate
– Have financial experience and understanding of the PMFA
– Have good communication skills – both verbal and written
– Be an innovator in regard to the strategic advancement and promotion of the company image/brand – Compile and distribute minutes of Board Meetings
– Assist with fundraising and reporting
– Work closely with the artistic team to determine related production(s) costs – Be responsible for the day-to- day running of the VDT office – Be responsible for company logistics nationally
– Report to the General Manager
3. Administration Assistant
S/he must be prepared to work long and flexible hours pertinent to the demands of the arts environment. S/he must: – Be computer literate
– Have good Interpersonal skills
– Provide secretarial, reception and administrative services
– Maintain a recording system and archiving of files and documents both electronically and physically – Assist Administrator with the making of travel and accommodation arrangements – Be responsible for perusal of correspondence and its distribution – Take minutes of the Management Committee.
– Provide Admin support to the Administrator
– Keep the general inventory
All of the above posts are on a 1 year renewable contract basis. And accepted candidates will resume work on 10 January 2011. Applications including a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter on your intended contribution to VDT must be e-mailed to email@example.com or fax 086 554 1244 by 15 December 2010. Please include contact details of three references.
If we have not contacted you by January 3, please know that your application will not have succeeded.
Vuyani Dance Theatre
Tel: 011 838 7666
Fax: 086 554 1244