ACT Festivals Programme 2011

South African arts festivals are invited to apply for grants which will facilitate the participation of young artists from peri-urban and rural areas.

The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) is once again partnering with Breadline Africa (BLA), an African-based charity organisation which aims to help break the cycle of poverty within Africa, to make festival grants available to assist organisers to extend their programmes by applying for support to subsidise the participation of artists, performers and groups from peri-urban and rural areas who may not otherwise be able to participate. The target group for festival grants is children and youth.

“The Festivals Programme continues to play a significant role in the development of the arts in South Africa. Through our strategic partnership with BLA, we are able to afford young artists from remote areas the experience of being part of mainstream arts festivals and so develop and grow their own skills and expertise. Over 5,000 youth have been supported since the programme’s inception,” says Nomalanga Nkosi, ACT’s Programmes Manager.

Festivals taking place between 1 April and 15 November 2011 are eligible to apply for support. Successful applicants will be awarded grants up to a maximum of R45 000. At least 90% of the grant must be utilised to cover the cost of registration fees, venue/equipment hire, transport and accommodation of the designated groups. The remaining 10% may be utilised to cover the costs of administering the grant.

The deadline for applications is Friday, 25 February 2011. Application guidelines may be downloaded fromwww.act.org.za/programmes_festival.htm

For more information contact Deidre Schoeman on 011 712 8403 or e-mail deidre@act.org.za

The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) is South Africa’s premier, independent arts and culture funding and development agency. Internationally acclaimed South African playwright Athol Fugard is the Patron of the Trust. For more information go to www.act.org.za


Artslink.co.za Account:
Deidre Schoeman
deidre@act.org.za
011 712 8404
Arts & Culture Trust

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: